Rice University is located in Houston, Texas, across from the Texas Medical Center and Hermann Park. The Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication is in Rayzor Hall (building #60 on the campus map), on the south side of the main Academic Quad. CLIC is on the second floor in room 235.
Getting to Campus:
- Flying: Houston has two airports: William P. Hobby (HOU), 13 miles to the south of campus and George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), 26 miles to the north. Both airports offer rental cars, taxis, and Uber for ground transportation. SuperShuttle is also available.
- Driving directions to Rice University
Once on Campus:
Visitor parking is indicated by the yellow on the campus map. There are 8 parking lots/garages at Rice that accomodate visitors. The following are the most useful for Rayzor Hall Visitors:
- Founders Court Visitor Lot: Located in front of Lovett Hall, this small lot requires a credit or debit card. The cost is $1/10 minutes, with a daily limit of $12.
- West Lot 1: Located between Rice Stadium and the Alice Pratt Brown building, this lot requires a credit or debit card and costs $1/15 minutes with a $12 daily limit. From West Lot, you may catch the Inner Loop shuttle at bus stops A, B, or C. Request the Humanities Building stop, walk through the arch of the Humanities building, and turn at the arcade to reach Rayzor Hall.
- Central Campus Garage: Located underneath McNair Hall, the business school, this garage costs $1/10 minutes with a $12 maximum and may be paid with a credit card or with cash at the “pay on foot” machine. From this garage, it is a moderate walk to Rayzor Hall, or you may take the Inner Loop shuttle around to the Humanities Building stop.
- Greenbriar Lot: The most economical parking option at Rice, this lot costs $2 per entry. A credit or debit card is required. A shuttle bus visits this lot, or you may walk past the stadium to catch the more frequent Greater Loop or Inner Loop shuttle buses to the Humanities Building stop.
*Important Instructions about Parking Validation: When you arrive at Rice, you will use your own credit or debit card or receive an entry ticket to enter a parking lot/garage. If you are given a parking validation card, please insert it into the machine first as you are leaving. The machine will keep the validation card. Then insert the same credit card or entry ticket you used to enter. The gate will open and your card will not be charged.
Rice lots and garages are provided with accessible parking spaces reserved for vehicles displaying either a state or a Rice-issued accessible hangtag or license plate. Rice shuttles are equipped with a ramp or lift. Please contact Disability Services if you require a Rice-issued accessibility permit.
Rayzor Hall is fully accessible for those who use wheelchairs or scooters, or for whom stairs pose challenges, as the building is equipped with an elevator and handicap door buttons.