Follow these steps to apply for the Certificate of Language and Intercultural Communication
- Review the requirements for the Certificate.
- Send an email expressing intent to Christine Medina at email@example.com
The email should include:
- Your name, year of study, and intended graduation date.
- The language(s) you are applying for.
- A 500-word statement of your academic objective.
- An unofficial transcript showing your progress so far in the chosen language(s), including the results of the Language Placement Test, if applicable.
- Meet with the Certificate advisor to plan a course of study that will lead to the Certificate.
- Formally declare the LIC certificate through the Registrar’s Office Learn More
- After completing the coursework and study abroad experience, contact the Certificate advisor to arrange for testing.
Follow these steps to take the Speaking and Writing Tests
- Students who are ready to take the speaking and writing test should fill out the pdf form and notify the Certificate advisors during the first 2 weeks after Fall or Spring semester starts. Certificate advisors will verify that all the requirements are fulfilled except for the essay and oral exam.
- Speaking Test
- The speaking test will include both role-playing and a presentation. These will be done in early April.
- Writing Test
- The written test will be either a descriptive or argumentative essay. This test will be take-home and also done in early April.
- The testee will be notified of their language rankings by the end of each semester.
- Certificates will be offered at the end of each academic year.