These scholarships are intended for students studying a language that does not have a Rice in Country program. Eligible languages for 2021 will be announced late fall 2020.
Students who are applying to our Rice in Country programs will automatically be considered for merit scholarships, no additional application is needed.
Up to $3,000
- Have taken at least 2 courses at CLIC by the time of the study abroad program
- Have A or B grades in the language courses previously taken and an overall GPA of at least 3.00
- Apply to a study abroad program through the Study Abroad Office*
- Take at least 3 credits in a language course or in a course that can count towards the Certificate while abroad
- Priority will be given to students who plan to complete the Certificate
*Not all programs approved by the Study Abroad Office will be automatically qualified for this scholarship, as the focus should be on language acquisition. Please talk with the Study Abroad advisors and/or your language instructor to identify an appropriate program.
Apply online (link forthcoming) for a deadline in early March 2021
A committee comprised of CLIC faculty will select the recipients of the CLIC merit scholarships
Please email CLIC Assistant Director Christine Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org