- Relevant pre-requisite for the course(s) being offered or placement via the Language Placement Test (will differ by program).
- Course grade: a grade of B in the last relevant language course taken during the previous two academic semesters. If the applicant has not taken any language courses during those semesters, they must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and receive the appropriate placement in the required course level through the placement test.
- Applications for summer 2021 will open in late fall via a Google form. In addition to answering a number of questions, applicants will be asked to upload an essay (500 words or less).
- After submitting the online application, applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted by the Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication to attend either an in-person or Skype interview with the Faculty Leaders.
- Criteria: the Faculty Leaders will review and rank applicants according to the compliance of the candidates with the basic requirements (GPA, previous coursework, etc.), as well as the assessment of their commitment and ability to fulfill the academic objectives of Rice in Country.
- Selection: a Selection Committee composed of all Faculty Leaders overseeing Rice in Country programs will make the selection of admitted applicants.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- A program deposit of $500 will be collected to secure your spot in the program once you are accepted into the program. It will be applied to your Esther account to offset the tuition.
- Students who receive full scholarships are not required to make this deposit. Students who receive partial scholarships will be required to make a prorated deposit.
- In the event that there is insufficient enrollment and the Rice in Country program is cancelled, your program deposit will be refunded.