Transfer Credit

Equivalent Transfer Credits

CLIC may approve courses taken outside of Rice for equivalent credit under certain conditions. Some basic guidelines are the following:

  1. Courses taken outside of Rice and transferred in may satisfy distribution requirements, assuming the Rice equivalent course is on the Registrar’s list of approved D1 courses. Students wanting equivalent credit should obtain approval in writing from CLIC before taking language courses outside of Rice.
  2. Students should always consult with the transfer credit advisor about study abroad or summer course plans and seek pre-approval for courses taken elsewhere.

For additional information, please review the information on Transfer Credits from the General Announcements and the Registrar's website.

Submit transfer credit requests to the Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication.

Please expect delays in correspondence if you seek pre-approval for transfer credits during the summer recess. The advisor only tentatively pre-approves courses when the university is not in session.